A Good AntibioticFor Treating Respiratory Or Other Bacterial Infection Symptoms In Your Chickens!
- Treatment of bacterial infections in chickens including E.coli (Enteritis), Mycoplasma (Chronic Respiratory Disease) and Chlamydia (Psittacosis)
- Effective when administered in both food & water
- Ideal “first line” antibiotic where a definite diagnosis is not available
Health Impact And Diagnosis:
DO NOT eat your chickens eggs if they show signs of these illnesses!
- E.coli (Enteritis)
- E. coli is normally present in the birds and the disease can be triggered by numerous events. For instance, an E. coli infection may appear if your chickens do not have regular access to feed or if their bedding is too wet or if they are exposed to another disease. Generally, anything that causes stress in the bird may provide E. coli with the opening it needs.
- Chickens will appear unthrifty and have ruffled feathers
- Chickens may also be depressed
- Decreased appetite
- During the acute phase of disease you may also notice yellowish colored droppings and your chickens may be soiled in the vent region
- Mycoplasma (Chronic Respiratory Disease)
- Eye problems - donut" shaped swelling around the eye, pussy eye discharge, sticky eyelids, pasted eyelids
- Inflammation around the face and cere (the waxy, fleshy covering at the base of the upper beak)
- Open mouth breathing and gurgling throat sounds
- Coughing, sneezing
- A marked reduction in egg laying
- Chlamydia (Psittacosis)
- Symptomatic birds often become lethargic, show breathing difficulty, present eye infections and inflammation, and have runny, watery droppings
- CALL A VETERINARIAN if you suspect your chickens have Chlamyidia as it is HIGHLY INFECTUOUS to humans.
NOTE: The above is only a general guide to symptoms. If the health of your chickens does not improve quickly after treatment, consult your veterinarian.
- During treatment, remove all sources of Calcium including supplements, shell grit and cuttlefish bone
- Mixed in the chickens drinking water or food for 5 to 7 days in plastic containers
NOTE: Above application method is only a guide - always follow the directions on the product
Pack Size: 25g